Monday, April 23, 2007

Caught in the act!

Can you even believe this one! I sometimes sneak and check the blog at school. I do not post, but sometimes I would check it to see if anyone had posted. One day last week out of sheer boredom, I logged on and posted a comment. Now the blog is blocked to me at work. How in this age of all sorts of computer issues could they catch me so fast? Now I have to wait until I get home to check the blog. :(

On the knitting front, I am through the thumb on the LEFT mitten (and I did indeed make a left mitten) and on the palm. If I work hard tonight after I walk the dogs I may get these mittens done so I can move onto something else soon.

Island Planning (food): The husband has graciously agreed to make his braised ribs for the Island, I think in the salad front I may try to make (his) chicken tortellini salad. I also have a chipotle spread I plan to bring!

Island Planning (knitting/yarn): ASJ we need to get together and order our yarn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long can we wait (so we have more money), but still have enough time to get the yarn pre-island??? Of course, I could still be knitting on the dreaded size 6 needles, and need no further projects! asj

CT said...

ASJ: If we order from Royal Yarns international, the Galway is $5.99 per skein (plus shipping) The vest takes 750 yards for an Xsmall and 835 for a medium. The Galway Bulky has 123 yards/skein. So you need 6.o9 skeins and I need 7. That will cost $ 42.00 each. If we ship it to one address, that will save and if we used the same color, we could get by with 13 skeins instead of 14. Let me know.