Tuesday, March 20, 2007

No Christmas in Whoville

Really. It's the last time I try to be clever. Apparently it just is not in the cards for me. I stumbled across something on Amazon for the "Chicks" for Christmas. Awesome. Place order. No problemo . . .I did make note of the fact that it would not ship until published (yeah, yeah, who knew). Not a problem. It will be a late Christmas gift. Totally worth the wait. I was still psyched about it!

I kept checking my calendar, knowing that they would ship this week! Yeah!!! I ordered four (I needed one for myself.)

Then this morning I received the email from Amazon. Hello from Amazon.com. We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with some items in the order you placed. Hello?!?!? How can they be backordered . . .they took more orders than for the books then they ordered themselves? How did this simple mathematical problem arise exactly. What happened to quality control people? Could you not had let me know this a couple of months ago?


Whatever . . .so my second email from Amazon: Items not yet shipped: Delivery estimate: May 25, 2007 - May 29, 2007 ; four of: Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off: The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting Sold by: Amazon.com Merry Christmas Girls!

But wait, there is more. I read Steph's blog. She has been obsessing about the book release and tour. My comment as follows on her blog . . . Grief and Despair . . . Amazon has apparently more orders than it has books . . . delivery not anticipated until late May. Good for you (this totally rocks for you)! Bad for me. She responded to me in one word . . "Seriously?" (BTW I almost fell over when I saw the email in my inbox from the Harlot).

So what is the moral of this story 1) "Try not to get to clever with gifts for knitters, the Knitting Godess will smack you down." 2) "Never underestimate the buying power of knitters."

No comments: