Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mothers Day

While driving home from the Doll & Pet Parade (MMT and SSK were wonderful!) my daughters and I recounted some of my more stellar moments at a mom. Like the time.....
ZJT let go of my hand and ran out in front of a semi, I dashed after him leaving GBT struggling to hold to a shopping cart full of food at the top of sidewalk. Or the time.....
While we were camping and we heard this baby crying. (screaming in fact). I told our fellow campers that I hoped someone would shut that baby up, only to discover that is was MY baby that I had left alone (thought she was asleep) while I got the older ones ready for bed. She had rolled against the canvas and right out the bottom and was hanging on the propane tanks attached to the front of the camper. Or the time....
I fell from the top of the slide at the park while I was 6 mos pregnant with MMT (she said that explained a lot) or the time I dropped MMT because my friend had a new outfit and I shrieked at how pretty it was (forgot I was holding the baby seat). Or the time....
I took GBT to the doctor because I thought she was soooo sick. Turned out that ZJT gurgling in the baby seat had pneumonia, GBT was fine. How about the time....
GBt was shrieking in her car seat and I told her to "suck it up, all kids have to ride in car seats" only to discover her hand was pinched in the car seat. Or the time my friend sat on MMT, squishing her in the stroller, or the time I tried to close MMT in the stroller (forgot she was there....seems to be a theme with the 3rd one). The list actually goes on and on, but at this point were all crying we were laughing so hard, which is good that they can look past my short comings as a mom and laugh about all the times I nearly (accidentally) killed them.

Happy Mothers Day!

2 comments:

CB said...

Yes well, we all have our moments don't we! The Boy Version One was taking Tums for six months before he had surgery.

I do however know you are a most stellar and awesome friend. I love ya!

ASJ said...

Laughed myself sick! You win! Remember the show "Queen for a Day"? I'm sure you'd win. Or maye it's your kids who should win the prize for the ultimate survival game. Maybe they should make a reality show: "Survivor Taylor". Not for the weak.
asj