Saturday, May 05, 2007

Full Circle

Ok so we have come full circle. Last August when we moved GBT (shewhopicksandclicks) to Michigan Tech, I cried as we left town. Today as we drove out of town with GBT in tow, she was the sad one. Sad to be leaving Michigan Tech her new home and all her friends.
The last 24 hours have been sort of whirlwind. We zipped out of here at 5:30 last night and drove to Eagle River. We arrived about 8:30 and I was so hungry I was nauseated. We found an open pizza joint and I managed to scorch the roof of my mouth. (smooth I know). We were up and eating continental breakfast by 6:30 so we could hit the road to Houghton by 7. We arrived in Houghton at 9:55 am (Mi time-so we lost an hour) finished packing GBT and then cleaned her dorm room. I have no idea how these kids fit so much stuff in those tiny little rooms. (and to think there are 2 people in each room!) We had a little lunch (gained back our hour) and headed back to EC, all total today we were in the car 7 hours. Ish. I am not a good car person. She is home now and already talking about going back in August.
I knit some on my cardigan in the car and I have been trying to figure out if I will run out of yarn or not. I may need Guild help with this, but now I am thinking I may have enough. Crazy, I know.
Cinco de Mayo today off to Cancun for dinner!

No comments: