Monday, July 09, 2007

Toad Lake and beyond......

We are back, but when I say we I mean only the husband and I. We left 2 of our children in North Dakota. Our vacation to Toad Lake, MN was wonderful. I can't remember the last time that we had such nice weather. Day after day of 80+ degree weather. Perfect for floating. And we spent a lot of time floating. My uncle's birthday was once again very fun. 7 of his 9 children were there to share it with him. On the 3rd and the 4th we had over 30 people for dinner, that is probably the best part. (Although if I can whine a bit, it seems to be the same 2 to 3 people cook and clean up for all the people---but I digress.) GBT arrived late on the 4th, which was great. Over all, the food, weather, fireworks and floating were wonderful. There were only a couple of glitches....there are not words to describe my cousin's new bf Chuck, lets just say that he and his tattoos defies description. My icky cousin from 'Vegas showed up on Friday afternoon and the husband and I got into an argument as to who got to throw up first, that is how bad she, her husband and 2 nasty children are. But it was the last day at Toad Lake, we stayed numb (if you get my drift) and got through it.
We left Toad Lake yesterday morning to head for Grand Forks ND. We dropped the boy off at UND for his week at aerospace camp. We got him settled in the dorm and hit the road for WI. 7 hours later we finally arrived. We hit that weekend traffic just outside of St. Cloud. UGH! It took us over 2 hours to get from St. Cloud to the 694/494 split. The pay back game as we hit the other side of I94 and saw the traffic coming from WI. It was backed up to Baldwin! But we are home now and I get the pleasure of doing a weeks worth of vacation laundry. But I am home alone and what could be better than that after a week of people everywhere.
So much time was spent floating, playing cards and consuming cold beverages, that I did not knit much, very little in fact. I turned the heel on the second sock, but that was all. 9 hours in the car yesterday and not a stitch knit. I was too spent from the vacation.
Here is the best part----I get to make the same trip this weekend. I have to go back to pick up MMT from the horse farm and the boy from UND. Someone pray for me!

1 comment:

NK said...

Glad to hear that you had fun. Nice to have another Chick back in town. Hope you applied the sunscreen in the correct manner.