Friday, July 20, 2007

Send Me Back!

I arrived home on Sunday after two weeks at the lake (whimper). I want to go back. I am still trying to acclimate to working. UGH!

Two weeks was lovely, the weather was not the best at times (another tree fell after sustained winds of 40 to 50 miles per hours), the water was not the warmest (cold north east wind). But it was vacation. I was not at work. I am tan (fading fast unfortunately) and stressed.

Not much knitting at the lake. Yarn and sand (not so much). I did knit on my socks (both pair), read extensively, (Gregory Maguire, "Mirror Mirror" and "Lost"). Don't bother with "Lost." Bad book, very, very bad book. Mirror Mirror was only slightly better. "The Navigator" by Clive Cussler, "The Boleyn Inheritance" by Philippa Gregory.

I did miss my friends/guilders immensely! We really need a night out on the town soon. Before school starts as soon as we all get back in the same city! How about August 27 we go out to eat and such . . .

GOOD NEWS . . . the furniture arrived after five long months! So far so good. I love it. I did go out and buy some new drapes (clearance) and a new drapery rod. Sadie Blue got a new bed (to keep her off the new furniture) and she likes it. Of course that might have something to do with the fact we all keep tossing treats on it willy nilly (CT hope the pups are feeling better).

Back to laundry. . . we still have many, many loads to go!

1 comment:

CT said...

It is good to have you back, even though I was at Toad lake, I was still jealous of you being on the Island!! We must have a Guild meeting soon too much time apart! Count me in for any and all social events!