Wednesday, August 15, 2007

So What do you think?


Sorry this took so long, I felted the bag over a week ago, but getting it done took some time. First there was football, we had the scrimmage on Saturday despite the crazy weather. I came home from the scrimmage and attacked the purse. First I cut the edging off the inside of the purse (under the flap). I re finished it with a whip stitch edge, then I attacked the bottom of the bag. MMT did not like the bowl nature of the bag, so I took some of the bulk out. I stitched the bottom flat. I attached the handle and the button loop. So here it is the final finished product. It looks ok. Not fab, just ok. Needless to say I don't think I will ever try another one of these, it will be a one of a kind.


I took GBT back to Michigan Tech on Monday and Tuesday. I had 10 minutes of happiness while dropping her off, I found that Houghton has a cute little yarn shop. Now I have even more incentive to make the 5 hour drive! I can see GBT and buy yarn. While I was there I bought a pattern "for the good of the guild". It is a fair isle pull over sweater. It may be the 2008 Island project!

No comments: