Friday, August 17, 2007

I must think I am on the Island

Truly, I must be living in la-la land. For the past 3 days I have "taken the afternoon off" and knit. I hurry to get my mom stuff done in the morning, so I can sit on the sun porch and knit all afternoon. I have concentrated on the green and tan mittens I started and ripped out on the Island. They are now down, thumbs and all (man do I hate thumbs). So now I will have warm hands this winter and they will look great with my tan coat. I plan to work on my sock until I get my next project started, the teddy bear sweater that NK made.

MMT is at her very first high school swim meet in Stevens Point. It is a relay meet and not worth the drive to Stevens Point to spend 5 or 6 hours to watch her swim a leg in a relay. They have a big relay meet here next Saturday, that is good enough. We are off to Carson park for the football scrimmage, what a great afternoon for football. My ribs are done, salad is waiting to be put together, corn ready, so everything is all set for the post scrimmage guild dinner.

BTW, GBT has called every day since she moved, she used the gift card from NK for a desk for her room. She is happy to be back in Houghton.

No comments: